BUSN20019 PROFESSIONAL PROJECT
Assessment 1Step 1 – Single-page Project Plan Step 1, worth 15% of total unit marks: Single-page project plan.
This assignment requires you to submit, at the beginning of week 4, a single page project
plan. This project plan will contain five components:
1. A statement detailing your ‘field of research’ – in this, you must clearly explain the
relevance of your field of research for the profession, towards which you are studying.
2. A source of secondary data linked to your chosen field of research. You will be required to
either include a website with a link to a publicly available secondary data set, or a short
description of how you will use publicly available sources as secondary data.
3. A research question or questions that can be answered with the secondary data set you
identified; this requires clarity on the questions and possibly a more detailed definition of
variables or key themes to be explored.
4. The search terms you propose to use in Google Scholar to identify literature in the field of
the research question.
5. Pick (at least) THREE peer-reviewed scholarly articles that arise from the result of your
search and that you think will be suitable to become part of your project’s literature review.
Write two sentences that combine ALL THREE (or more, if you have chosen more) of
these sources (referenced correctly) and provide them in a reference list.
Assessment criteria (click here to view the marking rubric):
• Clarity and suitability of statement of ‘field of research’
• Suitability of data sources
• Search terms
• Ability to integrate sources into academic writing
• Professional presentation and accuracy of work
Recorded assessment briefing video: This will be available here in due course.